- Aligarh Muslim University, India; Faculty of Science; Department of Chemistry; Bachelor of Science in Industrial Chemistry
- Hamdard University, India; Faculty of Science; Department of Biochemistry; Master of Science in Biochemistry
- Keio University, Japan; Faculty of Medicine; Department of Biochemistry and Integrative Medical Biology; Phd in Medicine
- Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Life Sciences, Aligarh Muslim University, India; Research Assistant
- Global center of excellence (G-COE) for Human Metabolomic Systems Biology, Keio University; Instructor
- Department of Parasitology, National Institute of Infectious Diseases; Special appointed Researcher
- Department of Parasitology, National Institute of Infectious Diseases; Research Scientist
- Japan Agency For Medical Research And Development (AMED); Resident Researcher
- University of Tokyo, Graduate School of Medicine, Biomedical Chemistry, Assistant Professor
|生物医化学特論I、II ╱ 熱帯医学特論I、II|
|Metabolic pathways that are essential for the survival of parasite offer excellent intervention candidates for therapeutic and prophylactic chemotherapy. Since from the last few years I have been working on metabolomic analysis of Entamoeba and has been able to identify novel pathways that operated under certain physiological conditions in this parasites, so based upon my experience I would like to continue my work on the identification of novel pathways in one of these protozoan parasites, Plasmodium spp., Trypanosoma spp., Leishmania spp., Entamoeba spp., which in turn helps in identification and characterization of novel enzymes, and therefore characterization of putative drug targets. |
|Metabolomic Analysis of Entamoeba Biology|
|Discover new therapeutics against parasitic protists Entamoeba histolytica and Plasmodium falciparum through an in-depth understanding of parasite essential metabolic pathways.|
|Protozoan Parasites ╱ Metabolic Pathways ╱ Drug target|
|Metabolomics Society Member|
- Jeelani G, Sato D, Nozaki T (2015). Metabolomic analysis of Entamoeba biology. In: Nozaki T, Bhattacharya A (Eds), Amebiasis: Biology and Pathogenesis of Entamoeba (pp.331-349) Japan, Springer Verlag. DOI:10.1007/978-4-431-55200-0_19.
- Jeelani G, Nozaki T (2014) “Metabolomic analysis of Entamoeba: applications and implications”. Curr Opin Microbiol. 20:118-24.
- Jeelani G, Nozaki T (2016) “Entamoeba thiol-based redox metabolism: a potential target for drug development”. Mol Biochem Parasitol. 206, 39-45.
Photography, Traveling, Bird Watching
Be Kind and do your best
Equality for all, world peace, no more hunger, or violence, and no poverty, or unhappiness.
Succeeding in life is as simple as being a good student. All you have to do is pay attention, work hard and give it your best shot.