- Takagi, D., Kondo, N., Takada, M., & Hashimoto, H. (2016). Educational attainment, time preference, and health-related behaviors: A mediation analysis from the J-SHINE survey. Social Science & Medicine, 153, 116-122.
- Takagi, D., Ikeda, K., Kobayashi, T., Harihara, M., Kawachi, I. (2016). The impact of crime on social ties and civic participation. Journal of Community & Applied Social Psychology, 26, 164-178.
- Nakade, M., Takagi, D., Suzuki, K., Aida, J., Ojima, T., Kondo, K., Hirai, H., & Kondo, N. (2015). Influence of socioeconomic status on the association between body mass index and cause-specific mortality among older Japanese adults: The AGES Cohort Study. Preventive Medicine, 112-118.
- Tani, Y., Kondo, N., Takagi, D., Saito, M., Hikichi, H., Ojima, T., & Kondo, K. (2015). Combined effects of eating alone and living alone on unhealthy dietary behaviors, obesity and underweight in older Japanese adults: Results of the JAGES. Appetite, 95, 1-8.
- Takagi, D., Kondo, N., Takada, M., Hashimoto, H. (2014). Differences in spousal influence on smoking cessation by gender and education among Japanese couples. BMC Public Health, 14:1184.
- Takagi, D. & Kawachi, I. (2014). Neighborhood social heterogeneity and crime victimization in Japan: Moderating effects of social networks. Asian Journal of Criminology, 9, 271-284.
- Takagi, D., Kondo, K., Kondo, N., Cable, N., Ikeda, K., & Kawachi, I. (2013). Social disorganization/social fragmentation and risk of depression among older people in Japan: Multilevel investigation on indices of social distance. Social Science & Medicine, 83, 81-89.
- Takagi, D., Kondo, K., & Kawachi, I. (2013). Social participation and mental health: Moderating effects of gender, social role and rurality. BMC Public Health, 13:701.
- Takagi, D. (2013). Neighborhood social capital and crime. In I. Kawachi, S. Takao, & S. V. Subramanian (Eds.), Global perspectives on social capital and health (pp. 143-166). New York: Springer.
- Takagi, D., Ikeda, K., & Kawachi, I. (2012). Neighborhood social capital and crime victimization: Comparison of spatial regression analysis and hierarchical regression analysis. Social Science & Medicine, 75, 1895-1902.